I’ll be participating in the 8th annual Open Studio Tour this year. Our county hosts one of the largest such events in the Carolinas. My dear friend, Meg, owner of Meghan Bernard Pottery, has invited a few of us local artists to share her awesome studio space during the tour. If you’re in the area, you should check it out. There will be demonstrations and refreshments!
Where? Meg’s pottery studio: 2004 Old South Carolina Avenue, Hendersonville
Who? Here are links to our individual artist page on hcost.org;
Plan your tour ahead of time with the online Tour Booklet/Map
OR pick up a Tour Booklet/Map at one of these official Tour information locations:
- The Gallery at Flat Rock – 2702-A Greenville Hwy, Flat Rock
- Firefly Craft Gallery – 2689-D Greenville Hwy, Flat Rock
- The Starving Artist – 814 Kanuga Road, Hendersonville
- CANVAS ArtSpace – 212 S Church Street, Hendersonville
- Art Mob Studios & Marketplace – 124 4th Ave E, Hendersonville
- Questions? – email email@example.com
I am very grateful to The Arts Council of Henderson County. They host many opportunities for local artists to showcase their work. I recently participated in their 15th annual Bring Us Your Best, all visual media exhibition. Check out my latest YouTube video, spotlighting the show and my experience as a first time participant. Like and subscribe while you are there.
My students and I also participate in their three-part exhibition series entitled, Mentors and Students, which opens each February.
I feel very fortunate that my husband and I live in a county rich in artistic appreciation, ripe with organizations that work diligently to support and advocate for the arts.
- Advocates for the Arts
- The Arts League of Henderson County
- The Arts Council of Henderson County
- North Carolina Arts Council